18 October 2009

Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes

I'm sure many of you have seen this already, and I know I've shared this with some of you individually, but this group gives me the good kind of chills and this performance of their single, "Home," is wonderful.

A dear friend shared this song with me while driving around on a day that neither of us particularly enjoyed, and I can honestly say that hearing this for the first time made it much better. Look for the recording of this song; it's marvelous.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Yes! I can't get enough of this. Look at that blonde Jenna on the accordion. I feel I know these people. I am almost certain I have danced with them. I like that girl’s voice and the way she’s dancing so her hat falls off. I like how that boy said holy moly. I like the mention of Arkansas, and of payphone calls. I know someone who loves those. They are home home home. I am getting this album.

Listen here for another version of the song that is as exciting as this video.

They'll play in Nashville November 10. Anyone?

Johnna said...

I love all of those people. And Molly, you have most certainly danced with them.